Inspiration for a nursery that I've had in my head several years (yes, years) after seeing the inpsiration in a Neiman Marcus catalog. I've been itching to get it out on "paper." I would have made it into an idea board, but my Photoshop is on the fritz. If we have a girl (not pregnant, just dreaming) this is one option that I love:
This waincoting and flooring (upper wall painted red)...btw I would copy this room verbatim for a boy - LOVE it:


With this color crib:




5 comments:
Shut up! That is beautiful! And unexpected!
Hey -- where is the red crib pic from? I love the rug!
I feel with kids' rooms you are able to bend the rules a little. I only have three colors that I will decorate with besides brown/tan -- aqua and red and olive...so don't be too surprised if you see these pop up every now and then.
btw, the rug is from PB kids. I really like it, too, but it is way colorful (for me - don't take that negatively). Where would you put it?
Good to know, thanks! I would use it somewhere casual, an office, sunroom, and definitely a nursery! Although it would match in my kitchen, probably a little too over the top for that space!
Of course by the time I have kids it'll be long gone :(
Oh btw, glasses=Target (Vogue is the brand)
Very cute! I like the red. We are going with some very bright colors for our daughter's "big girl" room, so definitely check that out in the spring on our blog.
I am a HUGE fan of custom-made crib bedding. We had bedding made for our daughter's nursery, and it turned out gorgeous! Designing your own bedding for a child's room brings such a unique touch to the space and is a great starting point for creating a truly individual space. :)
Post a Comment