Saturday, January 3, 2009

um, hello?

Did anyone else get the new Ballard design catalog??? I'm so very excited! It seems they have upped their taste level a little bit! Just look at this lamp, gorgeous! And the price is great at $99!


















And for you bargain-hunters out there, West Elm has some great prices on their curtain panels. I'm not sure of the quality, but they look beautiful in the magazine! I espeically like the two-toned panels and the silver dupioni panels. Gorgeous!


Also, I'm excited to announce I'm pregnant! We are so very excited! So expect to see some baby things on here from now on! Here is the first of many idea boards...ignore the name...we have since moved on!


















1. Mirrors - Pottery barn. 2. Lamp - Serena and Lily 3. Silhouette - Fontaine Maury
4. Fabircs - Serena and Lily 5. Crib and bedding - Serena and Lily

4 comments:

Kristan said...

Love the nursery idea! I am planning on doing the same mirror concept in my bedroom over my dresser. Where did you find that bedding? I love it!

Kristan said...

Oh, and speaking of West Elm, I am considering the Jeweled Paisley Window Panel or the Mirror Window Panel for my bedroom windows. What do you think?

Kelly said...

The bedding is from Serena and Lilly (super expensive) but the fabric is $40/yd. Thinking about buying the fabric and making the bedding myself (or with my mom's help!).

I love the curtain panels...not sure if the pattern on the paisley one would conflict with the pattern on your bedding, though. If it's real subtle in real life then I think it would go nicely. The mirrored ones are really neat! I think they would be cute, too! I think the sale ends today!!

McGee said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

Save on the bedding by 1) going with a plain crib skirt from Babies R Us, Target, etc. and then sew ribbon trim on it to dress it us. 2) purchase similar fabric elsewhere - plain green and white dot fabric is not hard to find, and a green and white damask pattern shouldn't be too difficult to find either. Or combine the Serena and Lily fabric with something less expensive and use the S&L fabric sparingly, 3) Make sure you buy/make a blanket that fits the crib - you will not use it much with the baby, but if you need to switch to a toddler bed, you can use the crib blanket on the toddler bed and not have to redo the whole room. :)